Saturday, February 6, 2010

Review: Avene Thermal Spring Water

On my previous write up on face sprays, I mentioned that I will be reviewing the Avene Thermal Spring Water. How I came across this face spray was when I had a bit of skin sensitivity to a sunblock a few years ago. My skin is unable to tolerate sunblocks like Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock as it made my skin burn and turned red like a lobster. So I decided to switch to the Avene Very High Protection Emulsion SPF50 instead as it was meant for sensitive skin. That was how I got introduced to this brand.

I bought the Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray on the advice on the Sales lady as this is their best selling product, I had to give it a try. Initially, I used it as a step before my moisturiser and I found it easier to glide my moisturiser on and to massage it into my skin as it made my skin moist. It also helped to calm my sensitive skin quickly as it seems to be able to lower the temperature of the skin to keep it cool. Since then, I always have a can on Avene Thermal Spring Water around with me even though I do not use it very often nowadays.

As I've mentioned before, I suffered acute dermatitis due to an allergy to an eye product and I had very red, inflamed and swollen skin around my undereye area. The only thing that managed to soothe my skin was Avene Thermal Spring Water. I sprayed the water onto a cotton pad and used it like an eye mask and this took the pain and heat away from the inflammation. My eye area felt like it was burning and the Avene water managed to cool it down such that my eyes felt much better. This was before I saw a doctor. This spray was really a savior at that time as no other product could do what the Avene water did, not even La Mer which is touted to be be moisturising and soothing for even the most sensitive skin. I left the cotton pads soaked with Avene Spring Water on the entire day, periodically spraying it to wet the cotton again. This is why I always have a can with me as it helps whenever anything bad happens to my skin.

This is one product that i have been re-purchasing over the years as it hasn't let me down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"